By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

YNWA Sponsorship...the return!!

Back in early 2018, Bromage advised us that his involvement in the site had dwindled to almost nothing and he was no longer able to cover any costs for keeping YNWA.TV going (monthly costs far outweighed the amount of recurring Paypal payments which had been coming in)

At that time, a decision was made to cancel any remaining recurring payments in place in Paypal, as the Paypal account was owned by Bromage and could not be transferred; existing payments cannot be transferred to another account either.

I then began the process for moving the site from a dedicated server to a cloud hosting service at a greatly reduced monthly cost - this was completed in July 2018, and the site has been running on that hosting since then...and is not likely to be moved anywhere else as the service, & support, is so good with our current hosts.

Since July 2018, the site's running costs have been funded by myself - this has been funded using money I make from developing plugins and applications for the software on which the site is hosted, with anything additional covered by me.

We've always aimed to avoid using intrusive "Google Ads"-type advertisements on this site, and we've done pretty well with that - but that has only been possible by having the costs covered through other means. As such, we're bringing back the concept of 'Sponsorship' for the site for those who would like to contribute to the costs of running the site and a sidebar widget has been put in place to assist with this (this widget will be displayed on the right of the screen on Desktops/Laptops, or at the base of the page on mobile devices)

So, what do you get if you  are a "Sponsor"? At present, these are the perks of being in the Sponsors group (new items are in bold)

1. Private Messaging - there are no longer any limits on the number of stored messages
  2. Display name changes (now up to 5 times a year, if that floats your boat)
  3. Ability to upload allowed files to the site (up to a total of 500mb of storage space)
  4. Increased time for editing of posted content (from 10 minutes to 30 minutes)
  5. Ability to upload an avatar image (includes animated images)
  6. Ability to post a cover photo profile
  7. You will get a little trophy beside your name

I've just tried to send a few quid and got this message:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Redwire said:

I've just tried to send a few quid and got this message:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Thanks for that - someone else mentioned an issue with the paypal option, and I think I know why it's happening. Give me a few mins.

Give it a try now - let me know if it still borks (looks sorted, as I've got a couple through now)

I managed to do it without f***ing it up. First time for everything. Nathan, there’s no way you should be funding this yourself. Why not pass the hat around a couple of times a year?  Top work you do here chum and it’s much appreciated👍