By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Are we seeing the dawn of a new Anfield factor

Rory Fitzgerald

Basically, we all champion the first 20-30mins of a CL game at Anfield. In fact, last night, we were horrendous in that period and nearly lost the game given the poor passing and indiscipline of some people.

But my question is this, did the atmosphere rise the more the game went on (as I suspect), because normally it starts off so load and then slightly declines. But it almost appeared as if the fans picked themselves off the floor from early on and raised the level of support the more the game when on.

I know the Inter game had the factor of Materazzi being sent off, but the last 3 Anfield games vs Porto, Inter and now Arsenal have seen us come on strong towards the end when needs be vs hitting teams very early.

As I said, I didnt catch the atmosphere given I was in the pub, would that be fair comment on the fans raising the support the more the game went on ?

No, we're not as it is not new.

It'been like that plenty of times in the past

One of my highlights as a Liverpool supporter is the 2001 cup final. When we went a goal down the noise we made was deafening. Absolutely deafening. Never heard anything like it. The sheer will to win that exudes from the crowd is amazing at times.

No, we're not as it is not new.

It'been like that plenty of times in the past

One of my highlights as a Liverpool supporter is the 2001 cup final. When we went a goal down the noise we made was deafening. Absolutely deafening. Never heard anything like it. The sheer will to win that exudes from the crowd is amazing at times.

Reaches fever pitch when Voro comes on.

I thought the initial atmosphere was a little forced. For lots of reasons there wasn't the level of intensity and desire that we heard at the 05 or 07 semis. Partly due to the perceived advantage and maybe Arsenal not being so cynical a side.

The atmosphere really built due to the exploits of the team on the pitch. As we exerted control and began to dominate the crowd took its lead from the players and responded accordingly. The stands didn't truly shake until after the team got back into the match.

The crowd did their bit after the stunning equaliser but to be fair the shock had barely sunk in before Babel's penalty claim.

Felt like I'd played 90 minutes by the end. Nothing left in the tank for the final YNWA :D

The noise was incessant but naturally enough you take a breather when it gets tense.

The wall of noise at the beginning seemed to affect our players more than Arsenal, strangely enough. We were the ones who froze, misplacing passes in our own half all over the place. When I watched the TV coverage they were w*nking all over Arsenal's play but I thought at the game they let us off the hook in the 1st 25 mins, we were so bad and gave them the ball in our own half so many times but they really didn't punish us.

The Hyypia goal came just at the right time as we were trying to get a foothold back into the match and the crowd responded. Thereafter, we were winning every 50:50 and in a spell right on half-time we chased them down all over the park and the whole ground rose to applaud the effort as they went off for half time.

2nd half, attacking the Kop we were again pressing really well putting them off their stride and they tired pretty badly. The decibels went up again as we could sense Arsenal's heads were dropping but just as they seemed to have weathered our storm, Torres scored his usual beauty in front of the Kop and the roof blew off.

We have some f*ckin boss songs nowadays and the repertoire is pretty extensive when you include some of the oldies but the stand-outs are the Torres bouncing song and the longer Mascherano version. It's so loud me ears are still ringing.

The Arsenal equaliser came out of the blue when I honestly thought they were shot but it was individual brilliance on the break. The crowd hardly had time to react before the penalty then bedlam after Stevie calmly slotted home. Babel put the icing on the cake - what an athlete he is - and the singing never stopped through YNWA (shockingly sung out of key, the Kop had gone hoarse) even as we were out the ground the "Fernando Torres Liverpool's No 9" reverborated along the side streets.

What a night, 2nd best game I've ever been to after Istanbul and in terms of tension, volume of sound & drama up there with the Chelsea 1st semi.

I thought the initial atmosphere was a little forced. For lots of reasons there wasn't the level of intensity and desire that we heard at the 05 or 07 semis. Partly due to the perceived advantage and maybe Arsenal not being so cynical a side.

I think the biggest factor is we aren't one game from the final. The intensity is always going to peak in the deciding leg of a semi fiinal. I actually expect the Chelsea fans to do a bit of singing when we go to there place in the second leg.

My dad was laughing at me shouting at Torres to shoot when he scored.

Apparantly it wasn't the most masculine noise i have ever made

At Cardiff for the West Ham game, we were sat 2 rows behind Phil Neal, Alan Kennedy, David Fairclough (clang) and when stevie scored the 3rd me dad was screaming like a Banshee, and it was so bad them three were looking round to see where this noise was coming from