By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Charlie Nicholas actually knows nothing

R A Softlad

Cisse has been one of our better players........

... Well behind Alonso.

...oh and Gerrard...

... of course Carra

... not forgetting Finnan

.... or indeed Reina

... come to think of it Garcia

.... Crouchy's played well

..... that Hyypia has looked solid

..... Hamann has been a star when he's got his chance

...... Warnock has improved hasn't he

So aside from the rest of his team, I'd agree ;)

Cisse has been one of our better players........

.... Crouchy's played well

..... Hamann has been a star when he's got his chance

...... Warnock has improved hasn't he

1096470[/snapback]

cisse has done better than those three for sure, anyone who thinks that crouch has done better than cisse so far this season is talking rubbish

cisse has done better than those three for sure, anyone who thinks that crouch has done better than cisse so far this season is talking rubbish

1096484[/snapback]

In Premiership and CL Crouch has pissed all over him. Cisse done better against Kaunas so fair play to him.

1096484[/snapback]

Rubbish - big difference, the other three are team players.

Sooner we get shut of Cisse the better imho.

Rubbish - big difference, the other three are team players.

Sooner we get shut of Cisse the better imho.

1096531[/snapback]

i am not doubting that crouch is a better team player than cisse, but to suggest that he has a better season so fat is just crazy

i am not doubting that crouch is a better team player than cisse, but to suggest that he has a better season so fat is just crazy

1096536[/snapback]

If you judge it on goals alone then you have a point.

If you judge it on overall contribution to our recent form then you haven't got a leg to stand on.

If you judge it on goals alone then you have a point.

If you judge it on overall contribution to our recent form then you haven't got a leg to stand on.

1096542[/snapback]

they are both strikers and should be judged first on their goals

It's just not that simple. We bought Crouch for a target/link man which he's doing with aplomb. He will get amongst the goals eventually.

We bought Cisse as a prolific striker which he's not doing - three league goals including a penalty and a mis*** cross is hardly prolific. His link up play is last and he's a lazy sulky f***** as well. OK so he's been played out of position at times - and sulked about it. He's done nothing to suggest he's going to be a success here.

Guest Red Mist

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner Cisse AND Crouch AND Morientes are shipped out and replaced by strikers who actually score, the better.

I'm fed up of patronising Crouch. His job is to score goals, that's what strikers do, that is what ALL of our main strikers in the past have done, and done so prolifically.

Who gave a sh*t that Fowler rarely tracked back, or created any opportunities for his partner? Nobody, because he was scoring the goals.

Cisse is all pace and no composure, he?s wild and will never succeed here. We need to get rid of the moping git in January and bring in someone who?s not just more malleable (like Crouch) but (unlike Crouch) can f*cking score goals.

As Shearer says, we love a goal scorer. Only that it?s not just those Geordie tw*ts that love a goal scorer, it?s every fan of every f*cking team that does. And we?re no different.

So get us a goal scorer, Rafa.

And who's Charlie Nicholas?

Guest Supared

I dont take anything said by anyone who hasnt achieved something in football seriously.

Charlie Nicholas has serious issues with Liverpool FC. For some reason he has joined the media bandwagon of jumping on our case at every opportunity. Everytime he opens his mouth he says something senseless. You would think he would at least do some research before airing his inferior meaningless views.

The first paragraph of his article gave him away. Firstly he states he is only just beginning to understand what Rafa is trying to achieve at Anfield. Quite a statement to actually admit you are clueless afterall. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge could have seen what Rafa was trying to achieve from the moment he arrived at Anfield. If its taken Charlie Nicholas this long to just about get to grips with it then my opinion of him is spot on.

He then mentions throwing arguments at Rafa about how he is doing things at Anfield. Again I am baffled. Charlie Nicholas is a man who has achieved next to nothing in football yet feels he is qualified to throw questions at a man who has won TWO La Liga titles, 1 UEFA Cup and the Champions League. All as manager and all with a less fancied and financially strapped club than the countries more richer media whores.

I for one would think Rafa has more than shown he knows what he is doing. The facts speak for themselves. Charlie Nicholas has clearly shown that he knows nothing. He was a crap footballer and he's an even worse pundit. The only pundits whose opinions would count for anything would be past managers who know what its like to manage a club and who have also won trophies. As Charlie Nicholas hasnt managed a club and subsequently never won trophies as a manager then his opinions about Rafa or any other manager, club or successful player is rendered meaningless.

Ignore the clueless B*****d!!!.

Edited by Supared

they are both strikers and should be judged first on their goals

1096553[/snapback]

Well Rafa, for one, doesn't seem to judge them on that, otherwise it would have been Crouch who stayed behind and Cisse who went to Sunderland on Wednesday.

I like Cisse, think he's got talent and could score many goals. But i fear to get the best out of him you have to build the team around him. Under Rafa that is never going to happen.

Cisse needs to start working as hard as Crouch for the team, and keep scoring, if he does he'll start every week. If not, Rafa will go for the 'team' ahead of any individual every time, so Crouch it is!

Crouch may not have scored but he's been key in our run of good form.

Guest Anders Honoré
At last I am starting to get to grips with what Rafa Benitez is doing at Liverpool and whatever arguments you want to throw at his door, the results speak for themselves.

followed by

By now the league table doesn't lie and for the vast majority of clubs they are in a true position, but I am still not entirely convinced by Liverpool.

tool.

I don?t know what Charlie Nicholas has against Rafa (maybe he just regrets not joining us when he had the chance and is bitter) but he criticises him every opportunity he has. I remember him saying once that he just didn?t understand Rafa?s decisions, that?s not surprising when Rafa is a tactical genius and he is a no-mark - thinks he knows it all ? tabloid football pundit.

Guest monkeytastic

My personal favourite bit is where he states that our recent run of wins is merely 'papering over the cracks'. Would one of those cracks be the defence that hasn't conceded in 6? Or maybe the midfield who are dominating teams, creating and scoring goals?